Sunday 6 February 2011

24hrs

Having only consumed one portion of veggie lasagne kindly cooked for me by Adam, since I mangled my bank card I've spent this period living on cigarettes and coffee, as well as the highly suspicious £1 bottles of Lambrusco obtained from the illicit student newsagents. The Smith's disco at the Star & Garter ended in more fun and debauchery than the usual one at Gulliver's. This could be something to do with the better selection of songs, better venue and ever so slightly more attractive clientele (see pictures of me and Rosie with an aging, stout Mozza look-a-like coming up soon). I was so immersed in Morrissey's lyrics I had some cringing feelings of nostalgia for my moping, miserable, small town self. These were quickly followed up by immense feelings of relief and euphoria when I realised; I'm no longer morose enough to directly relate to this. Looking around the room, which still had its fair share of middle-age-spread-wielding, washed up, but adorable Smiths fans, I felt proud that we all shared the power of the pitiable, of having  felt what Morrissey was feeling once upon a time with all our sorry hearts. Massively lame, but true. There was also an absolutely tragic moment when a guy we knew was cruelly rejected by his long time 'crush' on the dancefloor, which ended up in actual tears. At a Smith's disco. I genuinely find this too horrible to ruminate on, but my thoughts are with him. I woke up on Saturday morning covered in bite marks and bruises and have been feeling pretty disgusting since, though listening to some Nancy Sinatra and The Ink Spots has soothed it a little. Last night I managed to recuperate enough to accompany Adam to see The Vaselines. Frances McKee's dirty on stage banter inspired me to be as pervy as I wish until I'm her age. She's so cute she totally gets away with constant referring to dressing room threesomes, maybe if I was twee and Glaswegian enough I'd have the balls to express more filth to the world. Also they finished with the Divine cover, Think You're a Man which was pretty sweet, and a lot less annoying sounding live. I went back to my ex's flat again after as my old flatmate from Bristol was visiting, where we watched The Fall and then listened to some beautiful sounds, as my ex got drunk on Special Brew and ranted about how the only person he'd ever truly loved was himself. Ace.

No comments:

Post a Comment